Villa Olous (R)
VILLA OLOUS (R)
Villa Olous is a private villa which extends over 12,000 square feet and is set in grounds of over six acres. The main six-bedroom house accommodates 12 guests and sits impressively on a hillside overlooking the sea in Elounda, Crete.
Outside the villa the extensive grounds include an olive grove, a Roman tank (which is protected by Greek laws on antiquities) and several large outdoor sculptures. There is an infinity swimming pool that faces the sea and features a large terrace on three sides. A beautiful dining area with seating for 12 is located under a pergola overlooking the pool and view of the sea. For your outdoor cooking needs, there is a barbecue. A large terrace off the living room and dining room, also facing the sea, have additional outdoor dining.
The large living room, with its 600-year-old fireplace and sea views on three sides, is furnished with large, comfortable sofas and fine art.
The well-stocked library has a Boston Steinway grand piano, broadband wireless internet connection, fax and printer, and opens to a large balcony with sea and mountain views.
On the lowest floor, there is a games room with billiards table and satellite TV, opening to the pool area on one side and a patio and the garden on the other.
The main house features three superb bedrooms on the top floor, all with balconies and views, and three on the lowest floor, which open to patios and the garden. On the lowest floor, one sitting room has a fold out sofa (double-size bed) with an excellent mattress.
The ground floor includes the entrance hall leading to living room with sea views on the three sides. a big library, opening to a large balcony, as well as a dining room and fully equipped kitchen with dining table. Outside the kitchen there's a patio with a table and four comfortable chairs. Here you'll also find a laundry/pantry and a service bathroom.
Upstairs you'll find the master bedroom with king-sized bed, fireplace and large porch; two en-suite bathrooms, one with large shower room, and one with Jacuzzi. The "Blue Room" features a king-size bed, en-suite bathroom (bath and shower) and balcony overlooking the swimming pool, with sea views. The "Moroccan Room" features queen-size/twin beds, en-suite bathroom (bath and shower) and balcony with mountain views.
The lower ground floor is home to the "Gounalakis Suite" of two bedrooms, each with king-size/twin beds and sharing a living room and bathroom (bath and shower). These bedrooms open to a patio and the garden. "Marinos Suite" features a super king-size bed and a sitting room with sofa folding out to a double bed as well as an en-suite bathroom with shower. This suite opens to the garden. There is also a games room (with its own bathroom) which opens up to the pool area and garden.
There are plenty of outdoor areas for various activities: away from the house, on the hillside, there is a Davis Cup size tennis court with an adjacent boules court. There is also a croquet lawn.
Below the far end of the tennis court you'll find a charming cottage with excellent views and additional two bedrooms (one with a queen size bed, the other with twins), as well as an open plan living room, kitchen and patio.
The interiors have a wonderful feeling of space, with very high ceilings and the rooms are furnished with antiques from around the world. Other than the eight bathrooms, every room has a balcony or patio with access to the garden. Full air conditioning/heating controls in each room.
The property has spectacular sea and mountain views as well as private sea access via a deck located on the property. Guests can use watersports facilities, golf courses, spas, and restaurants at nearby Elounda Mare, Porto Elounda or Peninsula Hotels at additional cost.
PLEASE NOTE: The steepness of the grounds makes the property unsuitable for unsupervised small children.
Private Residence with 3 levels
8 bedrooms, 10 baths, 12000 square feet, 1115 square meters
King, King, King, King, King, Queen, 2x Twin, and 2x Twin
16 guests maximum
1 hour by car
Pets Welcome Upon Approval
Not Handicap Accessible
-MANDATORY EXTRAS FOR MEMBERS-
This property comes with a full-time manager/concierge who is on hand to make sure you have the best trip possible. She can organize excursions and book trips etc. In addition, you have a full-time daily maid service which a house of this size needs.
The additional costs for both of these are dependent on the number of guests staying:
* 1-4 Guests: 200 Euros per day
* 5-8 Guests: 300 Euros per day
* 9-12 Guests: 400 Euros per day
* 13-16 Guests: 500 Euros per day
An internationally recognized chef and his team are also available for the full week or they can cater for a specific meal or two. Please discuss this with the owner if you are interested.
The Reserve tier within THIRDHOME is a collection of qualified higher-end homes. The required key values to book these homes and exchange fees are higher than other homes in the Club.
Activities of Interest
- Six Senses spa - Overlooking a gloriously picturesque expanse of the Aegean Sea, this award-winning spa reflects traditional architecture highlighted with contemporary features.
- Scuba Diving - There are dive shops dotting the entire shoreline of Crete, so you won’t have a hard time finding a suitable place to drop anchor.
- Crete Golf Club - It is the only 18-hole golf course on the island of Crete and one of the most impressive courses of the Mediterranean, which holds a unique challenge and a pleasant experience for both golf players and visitors.
- Vai Beach - The palm forest of Vai is one of the most popular sights in Crete and one of the most beautiful and special places in the whole Mediterranean.
- Boat trip to Spinalonga island - Spinalonga is also known as the Leper Island, as that is where lepers from Crete and the rest of Greece were quarantined until 1957.
Places of Interest
- Mirabello Bay (5 mins) - It's the largest bay of the Greek islands and the 5th largest in the Mediterranean Sea. This locale was important in prehistoric settlement of the island of Crete.
- Diktheon Cave (1 hour) - According to legend, Rhea hid in this cave to give birth to Zeus, far from the clutches of his offspring-gobbling father Cronos. The most famous formation is a stalactite nicknamed 'the mantle of Zeus'.
- Aghios Nikolaos (20 mins) - Lasithi’s capital, Agios Nikolaos has an enviable location on hilly terrain overlooking the shores of the sensuously curving Mirabello Bay.
- Palace of Knossos (1 hour) - Crete’s must-see historical attraction is the Palace of Knossos, 5km south of Iraklio, and the capital of Minoan Crete.
- Heraklion Archaeological Museum (1 hour) - Justly regarded as the home of Minoan civilisation par excellence, the museum houses the most important collection of Minoan antiquities of the world.