Stunning Sydney Potts Point Pad in Iconic 'Yellow House'
Experience an unforgettable stay in Sydney's vibrant Potts Point at our bold and eclectic 84 sq/m luxury apartment. The apartment is a tribute to creativity and artistic expression in one of Sydney's most iconic buildings, steeped in art history; The Yellow House.
-Located in the heart of the Paris end of Potts Point, seconds to some of Sydney's best restaurants
-Converted 2 bedroom to oversized 1 bedroom apartment
-Incredibly quiet with a private terrace
-Featured in numerous luxury magazines
The luxury apartment is situated on the first floor of the historic Yellow House, just moments away from the harbour and some of Sydney's finest restaurants. Tucked away from the bustling Macleay Street, this serene oasis offers both privacy and convenience.
Inspired by the legendary Yellow House - once the epicentre of Sydney's underground art scene in the early 70s - our apartment showcases an eclectic mix of styles. From the sleek, minimalist white kitchen adorned with oversized Kreon light fittings and a chic dining bar, to the psychedelic bathroom tiles and the purple bedroom's curved wall panel featuring Zaha Hadid wallpaper, each area is a celebration of creativity.
Adorned with sculptural furniture pieces and a stunning Roche Bobois Sofa, this apartment is designed for both comfort and visual delight. With top-of-the-line KitchenAid appliances, glassware, Sonos speakers, and an ice-chest dining table, this space is perfect for entertaining. The kitchen also features a Nespresso machine to satisfy all your coffee cravings.
Steel doors open up the living space to an inviting terrace, flooded with northern light. Painted timber screens provide privacy without compromising natural illumination, reflecting the building's playful artistic history, as seen in the work of artist Matthew Johnson.
The iconic building on Macleay Street, with its vibrant yellow hue reminiscent of Van Gogh's haystacks or a decadent custard tart, has been a creative haven since the 1950s. Originally the Terry Clune Gallery, it showcased works by groundbreaking Australian artists such as Robert Klippel and John Olsen.
In the 1970s, the Yellow House Artists Collective, founded by Martin Sharp, transformed the space into a hub for creatives like Brett Whiteley, George Gittoes, Phillip Noyce, and Peter Weir. It functioned as a studio, exhibition space, and venue for events from poetry readings to puppet shows.
Today, the building houses the exquisite vegan restaurant, Yellow, which we highly recommend you explore during your stay, as well as some of Sydney's best restaurants mere minutes from the apartment.
No Pets Allowed | Not Handicap Accessible
Private Residence with 1 level
1 bedroom, 1 bath, 900 square feet, 84 square meters
2 guests maximum
Sydney Airport - SYD
20 minutes by car
Activities of Interest
- Dharawal National Park Walking Tours - Explore the stunning scenery and escape from the hustle and bustle of the city for awhile!
- Balloon Aloft - Get a spectacular view of the city as you soar over the breathtaking countryside.
- Sydney Harbour Bridge Climb - Thrill seekers will jump at the chance to scale this incredible bridge, and take in the city from above.
- Museum of Contemporary Art - MCA is the go-to venue for cutting-edge art on a local and international level.
- Sydney by Kayak - Explore deep gorges, wandering creeks, and all of Sydney's other natural wonders by kayak!
Places of Interest
- Sydney Opera House - Take a backstage tour and learn more about this incredible architectural structure.
- Carriageworks Farmers Market - This busy market is well worth the trip for fresh seasonal produce and delicious treats!
- Saint Peter - Featuring an ever-changing menu, this fish diner introduces you to innovative and tasty dishes!
- Love Tilly Divine - This charming, alleyway wine bar has become a staple of delicious, Italian comfort food in Sydney.
- Gordon's Bay - Gordon's Bay is secluded and serene, offering a great spot for a snorkeling adventure.
Julie Lange P.March 2019
The apartment was a good size, very cool and up to date. Nice deck. Owner is super. In a wonderful neighborhood and easy walk to the tourist spots. Glad we stayed here in Sydney. ”
Jay A.March 2019
We had a wonderful time in Potts Point. The apartment is beautifully appointed with a fully furnished kitchen. Joel Trethowan welcomed us in person and was very helpful in recommending neighborhood restaurants and other must-do things to do in Sydney. Given the opportunity we would love to come back here anytime for another stay. ”
Elizabeth F.January 2019
This house should be renamed the "Happy House". It is so much fun and comfort, like no other. We enjoyed all of the traditional tourist sites but had the most fun exploring the neighborhood. Joel is a splendid host, and the house is decorated with wonderful touches. The sofa manufacturer is on my short list for my next furniture purchase!”