Wedding Cake Mansion
Wedding Cake Mansion
Long-time Savannah residents named this historic home the Wedding Cake Mansion because its elaborate white bay window with ornate stained glass and white ornamental ironwork resembles a sumptuous "wedding cake." A French influence is carried throughout the mansion with breathtaking 19th century Chrystal chandeliers, European antiques, art and decor.
The marble master bath showcases an imported stained glass window over the 6-foot whirlpool bath, French fixtures, antique sconces, double vanities, and a two-person shower.
The remaining eight bathrooms have such adornments as Italian mosaics, antique vanities, hand-painted murals, body sprays, and more. The mansion’s penthouse floor takes on a 1940’s “Bogey and Bacall” movie era theme, extensively using mirrors in furnishings and appointments to create a “Glamour Suite.”
Two gourmet kitchens with stained glass windows, custom designed cabinetry, top of the line stainless steel appliances and granite counter tops will make the everyday chef or the culinary master feel at home.
The Wedding Cake Mansion sleeps 10 guests. The parlor, third floor and fourth floor are accessible via a full-service elevator.
Private Residence with 4 levels
5 bedrooms, 5 baths, 6000 square feet, 558 square meters
King, King, Queen, Queen, and Queen
10 guests maximum
Savannah/Hilton Head International Airport - SAV
30 minutes by car
Beautiful Monterey Square
No Pets Allowed
Activities of Interest
- Savannah's Ghost Tours - Walk through the most haunted parts of the city. A fun, spooky activity for the whole family!
- Savannah Riverboat Cruises - Take a tour of historic Savannah on the water. You won't believe the incredible views!
- The Weston Savannah Harbor Golf Resort and Spa - A gem of southern hospitality, The Westin Savannah Harbor Golf Resort & Spa invites its visitors to create charming memories that last a lifetime.
- Savannah Beer Bike Tours - Experience the ride of a lifetime on Savannah's largest bicycle, sipping on a cold one as you pedal!
- Rocking M Ranch - An excellent stable for first time riders, and fun for the whole family!
Places of Interest
- Tybee Island - Take a day trip to this charming island off the coast, and soak up the sun!
- Savannah Historic District - The Historic District of Savannah is the heart of one of the most beautiful cities in the world, with cobblestone streets, manicured gardens, and oak-shaded parks!
- The Lady and Sons Restaurant - Paula Deen's famous restaurant. Come on in!
- Savannah Candy Kitchen - Stop by for a sweet treat, like their famous Pecan Caramel Corn!
- Olde Pink House - Here you'll find inventive, Southern cuisine served in an elegant Colonial mansion.
Elizabeth F.December 2020
We so enjoyed the Wedding Cake Mansion. The house was gorgeous, comfortable, and in perfect location in historic district. It felt like living in the 1860s with the comforts of 2021. The antiques and architect alone kept us fascinated. The best restaurants and sites were within walking distance. Savannah is such a unique town in and of itself, but staying in the Wedding Cake Mansion added new dimensions.”
Margaret V.August 2018
The wedding Cake Mansion was the perfect place for a girls trip. From the welcome bottles of wine from our wonderful host to the sumptuous linens & towels. We frankly didnt want to get out of bed. The house is located on the best street & centrally located to all we wanted to do. We were able to walk to River Street, the Market, Also close by were boutiques, amazing cafes & rooftop bars all at the recommendation of the owner. Well appointed chef kitchen, and a beautiful courtyard for a lazy evening next to the fountain. If I could give it more stars I would, we will be back!”
David C.August 2018
We had the opportunity to stay in the Wedding Cake Mansion recently and found it to be every bit as beautiful and welcoming as it appears in the pictures. Centrally located to Forsyth Park, Mercer House (featured in the book, “Midnight in the Garden of Good and Evil”) and several other must-sees in the Savannah area, the home is within walking distance of commercial trolley drop offs/pick ups, and/or just a quick car ride to River Street. It would be difficult to find a better place to stay in the area. Furnished beautifully with period piece antiques in keeping with its historic status, staying here is the closest thing to spending time in a magnificent Southern mansion (a Southern mansion with central air conditioning, that is; a must for visiting Savannah in the summer). The bedrooms are gorgeous and there is even a full kitchen on the fourth floor as well as a marvelous view from the back bedroom on that floor of the steeples of St. John the Baptist cathedral. While there are a lot of stairs to climb, the home is equipped with an elevator. In addition, our hostess was even gracious enough to provide us with a couple of bottles of wine to welcome us upon our arrival. So if you are ever in the Savannah area and looking for a fantastic lodging that is not just a place to stay but an experience in and of itself, the Wedding Cake is the place.”