Lovely colonial-chic style home
Stays in this charmingly modern Spanish colonial-style home will offer a luxurious retreat in the heart of Central America !
Located in the lovely city of Antigua, a small UNESCO World Heritage town that was once the capital of the country, surrounded by volcanoes, this house will be your gateway to exciting adventures through the Central American region!
Sleeping 10 guests, this house has 4 comfortable bedrooms all with private bathrooms + 1 extra bathroom. This property has a lovely style that conserves the typical Spanish structure of interior patios, that serves as a refreshing living area, especially during the warm days. These spaces have been converted into an interesting point of connection between the rooms of the house. This combination provides a pleasant refuge with all the facilities of modern life. Two indoor cats live permanently in the house and share the house with guests. Guests can also enjoy relaxing time at night watching a movie on the second floor projection room or do yoga in the morning facing the volcanoes as the sun rises on the terrrace.
During stays at this property, guests can experience fascinating adventures, through the local forests and numerous volcanoes that surround the city.You can make your dream of climbing a volcano come true! There are several volcanoes nearby that offer easy, medium, and advanced hiking paths. If you’ve always wanted to see a volcano erupt, but not be in danger, then this is the place to achieve that! Volcanos Fuego and Pacaya in Guatemala are very active volcanos and still currently pushe out ash and lava and you can watch this marvel of nature - in safety -, from the terrasse of the house.
After a long day of hiking, if you need a little hustle, the region offers a vivid local culture, with its colorful festivities and rich cuisine! Antigua is a colonial-style city that’s bursting in culture, fantastic restaurants, and plenty of fun!
Private Residence with 2 levels
4 bedrooms, 5 baths, 5381 square feet, 500 square meters
King, Queen, Queen, and Full
10 guests maximum
1 hour 15 minutes by car
Impressive volcano view!
Only inicial registred guests allowed in property
Absolutely no smoking in and outside the premise - no smoking on the indoor/outdoor terrases
No party. No loud noise. Quiet residential
Daily cleaning, in house chef and transportation can be arranged for a fees.
Activities of Interest
- This is the most iconic area and picture of Antigua. When the sky is right, you can get a picture of the arch with Volcano Fuego in the background perfectly.
- “Hill of the cross” is only a short and easy 30-minute “hike” upwards from the centre of Antigua. It offers stunning views across the city and it’s a great place to catch the sunset and enjoy awesome views of the volcanoes that surround you!
- Artisan's Markets - There are lots of really cool artisan markets in Guatemala, if you love a good souvenir you should visit!
Places of Interest
- If you want to hike volcanoes, here is the place! From some extinct volcanoes such as Acatenango to some of the most active in the world like the Volcano Fuego!
- Volcano Pacaya - The volcano is located around an hour and fifteen minutes from Antigua and it’s an easier hike, with stunning views!
- San Francisco Church This is one of the most visited and photographed parts of Antigua and it’s become a significant religious and cultural center for the whole region.
- Lake Atitlan (2 hours drive) is known as the “eternal spring” because it’s always a constant temperature of 25 degrees Celsius, but due to the high level of the place, this is still very warm!
Kenneth and Connie H.January 2023
We were absolutely blown away with the house! It was amazing to sit in the atrium at night, eating or playing games with the family, and be able to look up and see the moon! And to see a volcano erupt from the rooftop patio! Interesting architecture and beautifully appointed. The owner was great to work with as well. ”