Old Town Prague Apartment by Chateau Mcely
Chateau Mcely presents the elegant apartment in an Art Nouveau building from 1913 in Prague’s historic Old Town. This large apartment offers the perfect retreat for enjoying the Golden City of Prague.
With a timeless, classy design, the clatter of horse hooves outside the windows of this elegant corner building, and a short stroll to the most coveted historical sites, concert halls, galleries, coffee shops, restaurants, and luxurious boutiques of Prague guarantee an exceptional experience.
Upon entering the recently renovated historical building through a tall entrance door, the grand historical staircase and modern lift will sweep you up to the third floor. Behind the double doors leading into the apartment, guests will be greeted by a vast hall with a marble mosaic floor and a fully-equipped kitchen with Gaggenau appliances.
Ornate hand-painted silk wallpaper invites you to enter a spacious living room with a dining table for 8 guests, a large sitting area with an open gas fireplace, an antique Petrof piano, and a round alcove with views over the adjacent square. The master bedroom features a hand-stitched headboard, antique Sebastian Erard harp, and a large en-suite marble bathroom. On the opposite side of the living room, the library and study with an antique renaissance desk and selection of books connected to the second bedroom featuring a stylish custom-made linen fabric with a hydrangea motif, handmade porcelain roses, and another en-suite bathroom.
High white stuccoed ceilings, pale tones, a spacious light-filled interior, exclusive custom-made furniture, Moser Crystal glass, and natural materials frame the historical architecture with contemporary charm. During your stay, you can entertain yourself by discovering spiritual guardians of various cultures worldwide, protecting your residence in Prague.
Condo with 3 levels
2 bedrooms, 2 baths, 1800 square feet, 168 square meters
King and King
4 guests maximum
30 minute drive
Spanish synagogue, Old Town buildings, churches, Pařížská street with luxury shopping
No Pets Allowed
Not Handicap Accessible
Activities of Interest
- Stroll across St. Vitus Cathedral, St. George's Basilica, the Powder Tower, the Old Royal Palace, and the Golden Lane
- Stop by the Old Town Square and the Astronomical Clock
- Catch a Performance at the National Theatre! Home to the country's top opera, ballet, and drama performances. Opened in 1881 as a symbol of Czech national identity and to promote the Czech language and culture.
Places of Interest
- Old Town - one of the best-preserved historic city centers in Europe, the narrow laneways of Prague's delightful Old Town open up onto spectacular squares, each home to well-preserved historical buildings just waiting to be explored!
- Prague Castle! (Pražský hrad), once the home of Bohemia's kings, is today the official residence of the Czech Republic's President and one of the city's most visited tourist attractions!
- Charles Bridge - Built in 1357, is one of the most recognizable old bridges in Europe, with 32 unique points of interest along its 621-meter span!
- Be sure to also spend time in the Royal Garden, dating back to 1534 and home to a number of superb old buildings, including the Ball Game Pavilion, the Royal Summer House with its Singing Fountain, and the Lion's Court.
- Prague's New Town (Nové Mesto) district – an area that grew out of the city's need to expand as it prospered–is the wonderful Wenceslas Square (Václavské námestí), home to numerous architectural treasures!
Sirwinnie B.July 2023
If this beautiful apartment was any closer to the Astronomical Clock Tower you would not need a bedside alarm. We were blown away by the elegance and charm of this apartment. The pictures does not do the apartment justice- it is a hundredfold more luxurious than portrayed. Inez is a consummate host and the apartment had a wonderful welcoming surprise which made us feel like movie stars. All the little touches of a five star establishment is available. (Umbrellas for rainy days, room spray, crisp white linen, make-up mirror and passport safe.) We felt inordinately blessed to have this beautiful haven to call our home for six short days in one of the most romantic cities in the world. ”
Julie J.June 2023
This lovely apartment is just as pictured. The location could not have been better. Close to shops, cafe's museums, everything is just a short walk away. The apartment was beautiful, lovely artwork, luxury linens, well equipped kitchen. Jiri met us and showed us around the apartment and was a text away if we needed anything. Prague is an amazing city with so much history and beautiful architecture. We had a private guide our first day, which really helped us for the remainder of our time. I can't wait to return to explore more of the city and the surrounding countryside.”