Historic Newly-Renovated Retreat
Historic Newly-Renovated Retreat
Welcome to this completely renovated New Orleans retreat in the historic Old Arabi neighborhood two blocks from the Mississippi River and only four miles to The French Quarter!
Take a blanket and walk up to the levee where you can see beautiful sunsets just over the city of New Orleans, the Natchez Steamboat, Creole Queen, and ships chugging down the Mighty Mississippi River! Enjoy this safe and quiet little town in this beautifully restored historic home!
The fully-equipped kitchen features stainless steel appliances, a gas stove top with a grill, granite countertops, and an island/bar that seats two. Work away from the office in a quiet, professional atmosphere in the dedicated workspace with high-speed internet access.
There are three cozy but chic bedrooms to choose from:
The primary bedroom includes a king-sized bed and ensuite bathroom with a double sink and vanity. After a full day of exploring The Big Easy, relax in the antique claw foot tub or separate stand-up glass enclosed shower. The spacious walk-in closet is a great place to store your belongings while enjoying the rest of this beautiful home.
The two guest rooms have queen-sized beds and share a hall bathroom with an antique claw foot tub. When you need additional sleeping space, there is a queen-size sofa bed in the living room.
We are close to the most frequently visited areas:
City Park 5.8 miles
Frenchman Street 4.3 miles
French Quarter 4.1 miles
Harrah’s Casino 4.1 miles
Fairgrounds 5.6 miles
Superdome 4.2 miles
Central Business District (CBD) 5.9 miles
Riverwalk 3.1 miles
Morial Convention Center 6 miles
New Orleans is known for entertaining and our great food! You will love the location in this safe & quiet neighborhood, located only 4.1 miles from the French Quarter Area.
Private Residence with 1 level
3 bedrooms, 3 baths, 2200 square feet, 205 square meters
King, Queen, and Queen
8 guests maximum
There is a queen sofa bed in the living room and an air mattress
Louis Armstrong Airport (MSY)
30 minutes by car
No Pets Allowed
Not Handicap Accessible
Activities of Interest
Places of Interest
- French Quarter - If you want to experience New Orleans properly, definitely stop by the historic spot for a meal or late night entertainment!
- The Mississippi River- a short walk through the Riverwalk shopping mall brings you to Spanish Plaza and the Mighty Mississippi. Stroll past the Audubon Aquarium down to the Mississippi Queen steamboat and Jackson Square.
- Preservation Hall - On any given night, this historic jazz club is filled to capacity with those eager to hear authentic, New Orleans jazz.
- Cajun Encounters - A local, family-owned tour company dedicated to giving visitors an authentic experience of Louisiana culture, history and wildlife.
- Save Our Cemeteries - One of the most popular things to do in this historic city is to tour a cemetery, boasting tombstones embellished with ornate designs inspired by French and Spanish architecture.
- New Orleans Museum of Art - Spend the afternoon exploring more than 40,000 works of art at this impressive museum.
- Backstreet Cultural Museum - This off the beaten path attraction is the best way to experience the true identity of New Orleans.
- Audubon Park - Seated in historic, uptown New Orleans, this is a favorite spot among visitors and locals.
David Mitchem and M.July 2023
Very nice home with all of the necessities. Great location to visit Bourbon Street but then come back to a quiet safe location. Great neighborhood bars as well! ”