Happy Squirrel Cabin
Happy Squirrel Cabin
This unique Aspen home sits on 6500 square feet in a serene and private setting, exuding the charm of the French countryside for your trip to the mountains. Close to the Roaring Fork River and the Rio Grande trail, this lovely six-bedroom lodge was once owned by Cher and is perfect for a week filled with adventure, only minutes away from world-class skiing and providing ample amounts of luxury for you and your family.
While vast in size, this lovely log home seems cozy and comfortable, characterized by a rustic charm that you won’t be able to get enough of. The construction of the house makes good use of natural materials, such as timber and stone, to create an earthy ambiance that makes you feel right at home. While you lounge in the living room next to the radiating stone fireplace, you’ll marvel at the gorgeous antique pieces that surround you, offering a historic elegance that you’ll love.
When it’s time for dinner, the master chef of your group will have a blast getting down to business in the state of the art kitchen. With a giant center island and high-end appliances, this open-concept space is perfect for entertaining. Enjoy your meals alfresco on the spacious outdoor patio, where you’ll also find a gourmet grill that’s perfect for an afternoon barbecue. As the sun goes down, end the evening with a glass of wine and a soak in the rejuvenating hot tub.
With six spacious bedrooms, this lovely mountain home sleeps up to 12 guests. The master features a plush, king-sized bed with beautiful drapery to keep things serene and private. The master bath features sleek, pristine tile work and a deep soaking tub. The next four bedrooms all have queen-sized beds, and the final bedroom has two twins.
No matter the season, Aspen offers a great getaway for you and your family. Just a quick drive away from the mountain, you won’t have trouble hitting the slopes each and every day. Besides great skiing, you’ll be a quick distance away from Aspen’s thriving downtown and other amazing skiing locations. Aspen Highlands and Snowmass are both only minutes away, and golfers will love how close Aspen’s incredible golf club is. A unique town and not quite like any other place in the American West, Aspen combines alpine sensibilities with the glitz and glamour of Hollywood. No matter the season, you’ll have a plethora of outdoor activities at your disposal, and plenty of upscale foodie-favorite restaurants to try afterward. Come in the summer catch the local music festival, or get your exercise in with mountain biking. There’s so much to do, you won’t want to miss a beat!
Enjoy your time spent in this celebrity-approved mountain retreat!
THIRDHOME has partnered with VIATOR, one of the largest online destination tours and activities provider, featuring thousands of tours and activities to choose from within a global platform of exciting offerings. VIATOR is perfect for “Do It Yourself” planners to consider when seeking to book a sightseeing day tour, city spree, regional day trips, including local city happenings.
Click the link below to view VIATOR tours and activities:
No Pets Allowed | Not Handicap Accessible
Private Residence with 1 level
6 bedrooms, 5 baths, 6500 square feet, 604 square meters
King, Queen, Queen, Queen, Queen, and 2x Twin
12 guests maximum
Aspen–Pitkin County Airport (ASE), Denver International Airport (DEN)
15 minutes by car (ASE), 4 hours by car (DEN)
Activities of Interest
- Snow Skiing
- Aspen Mountain Ski Area (10 minute drive) - Ski down the slopes of this amazing resort, just minutes away.
- Snowmass Creek Outfitters (30 minute drive) - Experience Aspen and Snowmass with an authentic horseback ride.
- Aspen Music Festival - From June to August, enjoy classical music from all over the country.
- Elk Mountain Expeditions (15 minute drive) - Take an adventurous whitewater rafting tour, guaranteed to give you the adrenaline rush of a lifetime!
- Aspen Golf Club (10 minute drive) - This amazing course impresses with its stunning views, challenging play, and relaxed yet luxurious atmosphere.
Places of Interest
- Maroon Bells (15 minute drive) - These twin peaks are a favorite spot for hikers and wildlife-watchers, boasting beautiful vistas and breathtaking scenery!
- Aspen Highlands (10 minute drive) - Visit the preferred ski area among Aspen locals for more than 50 years!
- Aspen Brewing Company (10 minute drive) - Offering a wide variety of beer, the Aspen Brewing Company's tap room encourages visitors to grab a pint, and drink in the views that surround them!
- Smuggler Mountain Trail (15 minute drive) - The gorgeous Smuggler Mountain Trail takes hikers through stunning scenery and exceptional views.
- Meat & Cheese (8 minute drive) - A darling of local foodies, this rustic eatery offers an eclectic mix of wines, cheeses, cured meats, and bread.
Bruce S.January 2023
Our group of 8 people had a wonderful time at the Happy Squirrel Cabin. The log cabin construction was a special treat, the 6 bedrooms and mostly ensuite-bathrooms were quite large and well-appointed, and the kitchen was nicely equipped and had a commercial Garland stove/oven, a great amenity as we enjoy cooking and eating in when on vacation so as to have uninterrupted conversation. In fact, we only dined out one night to have BBQ at the new restaurant at the base of Buttermilk. The location of the house is also wonderful, in between the airport and downtown Aspen but in a quiet neighborhood of houses on large lots. While we drove to Snowmass for several days of skiing, we also found the free county bus quite convenient for going to Aspen Mountain as it begins its run just a five-minute walk down the street from the house. Tino, the house manager, kept the front entry shoveled and fixed some minor items quite promptly. All-in-all a terrific place to vacation and we look forward to another visit.”
Lacey and Ross B.October 2022
We absolutely loved our stay at Happy Squirrel Cabin! The changing leaves were magic, we enjoyed playing soccer in the expansive backyard, we had deer come through the yard to visit, and our two kids were in Heaven. The home is perfectly located adjacent to hiking and biking and the charming town of Aspen. Restaurants abound and we were able to rent e-bikes and ride to Maroon Bells. Many thanks to our hosts!”
Matt M.March 2020
Beautiful and fun home. Very nice stay for our extended family. A little far from town but perfect once on property. ”